October 25-27
| Sheesha and Tea bar! |
On top of the historic sites, famous tapa bars, and city swag, Granada also is known for it's lively night activities. Ours included a club called Mae West, which was something entirely different than what we expected. Not only was it in the middle of a shopping center of some sort, but it had 3 separate rooms, each with a different "theme." The first was a classic, seemingly old western tavern with a bar and more of a chatting atmosphere. The next had a full blown stage with a DJ, several bars, a balcony, and a huge dance floor. Then the third, was a smaller stage with dance instructors teaching funky spanish dances, similar to the "Cha-Cha Slide." And not to our surprise, by the time we were ready to go back to our hotel, it had just started getting busy... at 3 a.m. I don't think I will ever be able to rally like the Spanish.
| One example of the beautiful architecture in La Alhambra |
to tourists in general. Which goes to say how special and treasured La Alhambra is!
![]() |
| View of Granada from the top of La Alhambra! (Steph Hutch Photo) |
![]() |
| El Torcal National Park Malaga, Spain (Steph Hutch photo) |
Early Sunday morning, we woke up and took a bus to a national park just outside of Malaga, called El Torcal. For about an hour, we hiked around what used to be the bottom of the ocean! There were incredible rock formations unlike anything I have seen before, surrounded by green trees and plants, and huge rock cliffs similar to those you see in a Lord of the Rings movie... or something like that. It was a day filled with beautiful views and exploring, in a world transformed throughout history.
I am loving this place more and more each and every day, and am so lucky to call it home for now. Spain truly has surprised me more than I ever could have imagined!
This weekend we are leaving for PARIS! Branching out of Spain will be a thrilling and entirely different experience... and I absolutely cannot wait!
xxx, o


No comments:
Post a Comment