Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Barcelona Round 2!

September 14, 2013
Barcelona, Spain

Vacay with some babes!

My first trip from my home away from home: Barcelona!


To start this wonderful weekend, I had two of my closest friends visit Sevilla and see me for a few days. These two chicas have been exploring Europe for a month now, and finally made it to the Spanish world down south! I was beyond ecstatic to be able to spend time with them, and lucky that they chose to come to my new digs. For 3 short days, we lounged on the top of their Hostel by the pool, made homemade guacamole, and explored the city of Sevilla together!


After 3 days of laziness, we ventured out with 2 trains and a whole lot of snacks later, when we finally made it to Barca! 


Our first night in the city was a blast- to say the least. We arrived to our rented apartment in the early evening, grabbed some quick dinner, and got ready to paint the town. Our first stop, a club right on the beach called Opium. A place full of Spainards among other Europeans, and to make us feel right at home, hundred of tourists similar to yours truly. The night was filled with dancing and laughter, and excitement to be reunited in one of the most amazing places in the world.

As the fun drew to an end, we decided we weren't quite ready for the night to be over. Thus we came to the conclusion that since we are right on the beach, we MUST go swimming (at 5:30 in the morning), of course! As a result of our spontaneity, we semi skinny dipped in the Mediterranean just to say we did. It was a blast in itself, and topped the night off just right.

This trip had little to do with the amazement of Gaudi's creations, the incredibly giant market in the center of Las Ramblas, or the beautiful parks and statues that are to be seen in this enormous city. But nevertheless, it was a more eventful weekend than I could have imagined, and I was so lucky to be able to have the time I had with these amazing girls!

Shout outs to a few of my favorite Spanish babies: Madison Morales, Nicole Sisco, and Emily Gaar- Thank you for a weekend I will always remember! Cheers to memories like this, and many many more!

At the end of this trip, it occurred to me for the first time that Sevilla is now my home. The incredibly happy feeling that I have to be able to call it just that, is priceless.


As always, muchos besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment